Current mood: Balanced

Welcome to March discussion thread

Attached Image: soler3437#draw #lindsaylohan #portrait #shadow.jpg

>>February thread<<

-----------------------------------------------------

Gossip cop

Attached Image: title.jpg

EXCLUSIVE

Lindsay Lohan is not “so desperate” for movie roles that she’s willing to work for free, despite a made-up tabloid report. Gossip Cop can exclusively correct this fabricated claim. We’re told it’s “false.”

According to Life & Style, Lohan is now “going to extremes to try to get work.” The publication quotes a so-called “source” as saying, “Lindsay is so desperate to get back into film that she’s actually offering to work for free.” The magazine’s alleged “source” adds, “So far, no one’s really interested.” Lohan is “certain that she just needs one juicy role to revive her career,” continues the supposed “source.”

In addition to being mean-spirited, the story is also entirely inaccurate.
A rep for Lohan tells Gossip Cop the claim is “extremely false.” Meanwhile, her manager notes, “I get movie offers for her all the time, but turn most of them down.” Additionally, Gossip Cop has heard of projects in which Lohan’s name has been mentioned for possible roles.

The actress has been the subject of a slew of inaccurate rumors over the past few months. In January, numerous outlets wrongly reported Lohan had converted to Islam, a claim that Gossip Cop exclusively corrected. And before that, we debunked an absurd story that alleged Lohan wanted to date Vladimir Putin. Much like those articles, the latest about her willing to work for free just to be in a movie is equally false.

-----------------------
New event :right: http://www.locationl...t-dressed-2017/

-------------------
Candid thread :right: http://www.locationl...rch-april-2017/

------------------------------------
Breaking News? :sweat:
Attached Image: ll.jpg
:right: https://www.pakistan...london-airport/  

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12065 posts
Russell Brand on LL
Attached Image: dude.jpg
https://twitter.com/...265622488723456

"Good Luck on your Journey" heh :rolleyes:  

fabuLLous fan01

bossy

• 3574 posts
  • Name:dave (50)
Current mood: Cool
yay, new March thread :) spamwhores and haters shall not pass!

Posted Image

Rudi

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Name:Marcello (23)
L'Officiel Singapore
  • Attached Image: 16996508_673772842824530_9152533740227095004_n.jpg

fabuLLous fan01

bossy

• 3574 posts
true.......i appreciate the simple things in life, like say, a great LL film on the silver screen. what say you, Linds? :wub:

Posted Image

Joćo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1501 posts
why didnt she snatch the cover? (or is there one?)

Rudi

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
At the Beauty & The Beast screening in Dubai (March 07)
  • Attached Image: 17190947_1880034055545090_3726833237636745783_n.jpg
  • Attached Image: 17201338_1880033398878489_9042742131172822835_n.jpg
  • Attached Image: 17202930_1880033525545143_7683814988125062563_n.jpg

fabuLLous fan01

bossy

• 3574 posts
wow! :wub:

Posted Image

Rudi

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
L'Officiel Magazine
  • Attached Image: 17103341_1880484875500008_8867661780791236377_n.jpg
  • Attached Image: 17156302_1880485425499953_8779458541130478017_n.jpg
  • Attached Image: 17156353_1880485255499970_3249356643937668951_n.jpg

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12065 posts
Wait... another one!? ^niccce

-------------------------------------------

Attached Image: LL.jpg

Lindsay Lohan's Instagram post for International Women's Day sparks Islam conversion rumours

The Mean Girls, Freaky Friday and The Parent Trap actress is already studying the Koran

Lindsay Lohan has prompted further speculation that she has converted to Islam after quoting the Prophet Muhammad.

The actress marked International Women’s Day with a eulogising 70-word line and a picture of her with a bindi on her forehead.

“Women are not created weaker but more generous than men,” said the 30-year-old.

“Angels are the strongest of created beings, and women are closer to the angelic nature than men, as they are readier than men to carry angelic light.”

She did not however suffix the prophet's name with the phrase Peace Be Upon Him, or PBUH, as is common among Muslims in a sign of respect.
source - independent.co.uk

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12065 posts

Attached Image: title2.jpg

Have there ever been more tantalizing words in the English language, when wielded by our most famous, than “New Fashion Line coming soon. . . “? Maybe: “I apologize to anyone who may be offended.” Or, “This bucatini alfredo was made with zoodles? Could have fooled me, G.” :D

But here we are with the former statement, “New Fashion Line coming soon,” and it was delivered on Instagram by our beautiful but troubled—less so in recent months!—actress-vist Lindsay Lohan. She teased a new clothing line on Instagram on Friday, but details are scarce. The only thing we have to go on is a selfie that accompanies the caption, which shows her in a headscarf.

Though details are a thing we want, details are a thing we can’t yet have because Lohan is no rube. Lohan knows how to tease merch. She’s designed clothing before, like 6126, the embattled leggings line named after Marilyn Monroe’s birthday, that took the spandex-wearing public by storm circa 2008. Since then, she has worked with PacSun to design a men’s collection called “My Addiction,” a wink-y wink at her, well, history of addiction.

Just last year, Lohan’s design career took a turn for the charitable. After her evolving speech patterns caught everyone’s ear by surprise, she made a T-shirt that joked about it. The shirt said, “I only speak LiLohan,” a name she gave the new accent, which she has said developed over months in London, Turkey, and Greece. A portion of the proceeds went to two causes close to her heart.

Lohan has recently dedicated herself to the Syrian refugees, a sincerely noble thing. And when she has a free moment, she takes to gently prodding whomever is in charge of casting the nonexistent (yet) The Little Mermaid musical show (which she would like Bill Condon to direct).

That is to say she’s busy, but not too busy for a fashion venture. Her new line could easily fall into her most recent re-branding—the charitable, message-sending kind. If it is a line of headscarves, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Vanity Fair has reached out to a representative for Lohan for comment.

Rudi

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Mean Girls book September 12, 2017
  • Attached Image: 17201358_1881475268734302_9158137717053312563_n.jpg

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12065 posts
^ M u s t B u y y'all

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12065 posts
Attached Image: title 1.jpg
Attached Image: 2.jpg

How the hijab became this week's biggest talking point: from Lindsay Lohan to London Modest Fashion Week

London hosted “modest fashion” shows, Sweden’s feminist leaders covered up and Marine Le Pen refused. Samuel Fishwick and Lucy Tobin report on the week that the hijab became hot news

Samuel fishwick, Lucy Tobin
Friday 24 February 2017 14:00 GMT

Of all the platforms on which the headscarf debate seemed likely to rear its head, Lindsay Lohan’s transatlantic pit stop at Heathrow Airport was a surprising flashpoint. The Mean Girls star was flying from Turkey to New York via London when she was asked by immigration staff to remove a scarf she donned “out of respect” while working with refugees. The actress later claimed she had been “racially profiled” for the “first time in my life”.

Lohan’s travails were soon overtaken in a week in which headscarves were at the centre of political statements. Over the weekend, a delegation from Sweden’s self-proclaimed feminist government visited Iran, only to be rounded on internationally after female ministers on the trip were photographed wearing headscarves. On Tuesday, Marine Le Pen, leader of France’s Front National party, walked away from a meeting in Beirut with the Muslim cleric Sheikh Abdel-Latif Derian after refusing to cover her head.

“The hijab has become a symbol around the world of how Muslim women are defined,” says journalist Shaista Aziz, founder of the anti-racism digital platform The Everyday Bigotry Project. “If a woman chooses to wear or not to wear a hijab, it should be a matter for only her. And note the word choice.”
The Politics

For a flap of fabric, the headscarf has had a surprisingly dominant role in politics for years — especially in France, which has the largest number of Muslims in Western Europe and which bans hijabs in the public service and for school pupils. But this week the politicisation of the veil took centre stage — with France again the focus as Marine Le Pen cancelled a meeting with Lebanon’s Grand Mufti, the top cleric for Sunni Muslims, after refusing to wear a headscarf for the encounter.

----------------------------------------------

Attached Image: title2.jpg

For many people, Lindsay Lohan seems like the last person you would expect as a human rights activist. Sadly, far too many seem to ignore her accomplishments and focus on the negatives her life. Whenever any child star has seemed to hit a slippery slope, critics and spectators instantly dismiss it as, “Another child star gone wrong,” instead of trying to encourage them and help. It especially it not right when said star attempts to do some good and shed light on an important issue, and then people jump down their throats. This happened to Lohan when she claimed she was racially profiled when an airport security guard requested she remove her headscarf.

Since Lohan is a white woman, the term, “racially profiled,” left many very confused and even angry. Yet, when Lohan went on to explain on Good Morning Britain, it actually made sense.

“I was wearing a headscarf and I got stopped at the airport and I was racially profiled for the first time in my life,” Lohan said. “She opened my passport and saw, ‘Lindsay Lohan,’ and started immediately apologizing but then said, ‘Please take off your head scarf.'”

Lohan never claimed she was profiled as a white women, she was profiled when they thought she was a Middle Eastern woman. The security guard tried to make her take off her head scarf and did not care until they noticed that she was Lindsay Lohan and only then started to apologize when they saw she was a well-known white woman. Even then, they still did not have any respect and told her to take her head scarf on anyway.

Lohan went on to express her fear for not just herself, but for other women who don’t feel comfortable with taking their head scarf or cannot take it off. While Lohan is not sure if she is apart of the Islam religion, she dresses out of respect when going to different countries, so she wears a headscarf.

“I mean, it’s okay,” Lohan said. “But what scared me was that moment, ‘how would another women who doesn’t feel comfortable taking off her headscarf feel?”

Lohan’s experience sheds some light on a challenging issue that has effected so many Middle Eastern and/or Muslim women across the world. It truly is a flawed system with something as simple as skin color or a religious item of clothing it something to prompt fear in others to where they need to be randomly searched. Despite the fact that racial minorities are less likely than the Caucasian majority to be carrying items such as weapons, drugs or more.

While it is unfortunate that many need the tale of a white woman to actually care, hopefully this can bring some good with more mainstream media telling this story and being open to the stories of victims who don’t just deal with this at airports, but in their daily lives. Many victims have dangerous, some fatal, experiences dealing with Islamophobia and/or Xenophobia. These two disgusting forms of hate and prejudice need to end.

Middle Eastern and/or Muslim women’s voices need to be heard and they shouldn’t have to wait for someone who is white or not exactly part of their religion to tell their stories.

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12065 posts
Bill Condon on LL
Attached Image: vulture.jpg
Attached Image: 13-bill-condon-chatroom.w245.h368.2x.png

Bill Condon on Beauty and the Beast, His Musical Influences, and Lindsay Lohan’s Plan for The Little Mermaid
By Kevin Lincoln

I saw that Lindsay Lohan said she would return to acting if you directed her in The Little Mermaid.

I know! It was sweet, it was very sweet of her. I hope she gets to make that movie. [Laughs.] I feel like I was so lucky in getting this crown jewel, but I’ll go see her in Little Mermaid, absolutely.

Rudi

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Ahlan Magazine Party in Dubai (March 15)
  • Attached Image: ahlan1.jpg
  • Attached Image: ahlan2.jpg

fabuLLous fan01

bossy

• 3574 posts
oh wow. yummy! :) :wub:

Posted Image

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12065 posts
Attached Image: John-Bishop-interviews-Lindsey-Lohan.jpgAttached Image: John-Bishop-interviews-Lindsey-Lohan 2.jpgAttached Image: John-Bishop-interviews-Lindsey-Lohan 3.jpg

Lindsay Lohan opens up on father's 'Jekyll and Hyde' nature in frank TV interview with John Bishop
The Mean Girls star also reveals why she can't afford a driver in W TV show

Lindsay Lohan will openly speak about her father Michael Lohan's "Jekyll and Hyde" character in a frank interview with John Bishop on TV tonight.

The Scouse comedian will be chatting to the Mean Girls star, as his first guest on series two of John Bishop: In Conversation With...

In the chat, Lindsay confesses what a "whirlwind" her life was as she got famous aged 11, after starring as twins in The Parent Trap.

As John asks her if there was ever a time where it all got too much and she wanted the fame to stop, she explains: "I don't think it was... it was out of my hands at that point.

"It was a whirlwind, when you're in it, especially living in LA with these people you barely know around you all the time who you think are friends."

Lindsay continues to explain how there were numerous occasions on which her mum Dina tried to persuade her to come home - but she didn't want to.

She added: "My head was in work mode so I kept going. And that was all I really knew.

"And then it hit me, and I was like, 'I want to come home.'"

Elsewhere in the interview, Lindsay insists she can't afford to hire a driver in a bid to stop paparazzi from getting pictures of her.

She said: "Paparazzi in LA are hired to get into your car to see your first reaction. They're hired specifically to do that.

"People are just like, 'Don't drive Lindsay, get a driver!', but it's expensive!"

As John questions where her $7million a film is going, Lindsay hits back: "Do you think you get all that? I don't think so!"

Later in the series, John will be chatting to Paralympic world champion Ellie Simmonds, Olly Murs, Meera Syal and fellow comedian Jason Manford.

*John Bishop: In Conversation With Lindsay Lohan is on W at 9pm tonight

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12065 posts
more

She said: "Of course, as a child, you recognise, in psychiatry it's a study, those moments become almost like a safe chaos and you just think it's normal, but it's not normal, and I remember saying to myself that moment when he ran out of my house, 'Thank God'.

"I was like, 'Oh my God, I'm not going to put myself through what my mother went through, no. This ends now.'

Speaking on John Bishop: In Conversation With..., she continued: "I took control back in my life and said, 'No one is going to hurt me, I'm gonna help other people and focus on taking care of myself.'"

Praising her later in the show, the comedian said he was very impressed that she decided to move to the UK and star in Speed-the-Plow in 2014.

He said: "Of all your career path, the thing that really stood out to me - and I think it's probably because I understand how hard it is to be a live performer - is that decision to do that play in England at that time.

"That came after the Lindsay series... after everything you said, 'Right I am now going to do somethign that could really hang me out to dry.'

"I think that was super brave. Speaking to the voice coach I was working with she said you could tell people were coming [to see the play] in the hope you'd fail.

"It's one of my favourite things I've ever done," Lindsay replied.

"How do you see the rest of the future because to me you've lived and you're only 30?"

"I think I've just started everything I want to do. My own company, my own production company, my own management company, my own charity.

"I think everything started after my 30th birthday and I weirdly knew that for some reason."

source - mirror.co.uk

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12065 posts
John Bishop: In Conversation With

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users