• 12141 posts
Current mood: Balanced

Welcome to February 2017 thread

Attached Image: Checking in with my other family in Sultanbeyli.jpg

LL back to Instagram.

------------------

Attached Image: title.jpg

Lindsay Lohan: ‘Dubai Gives Me Silence And Focus’

The star also spoke up on her social media cleanse during a recent radio interview.
Lindsay Lohan has opened up about her move to Dubai, saying the city gives her “silence and focus”.

However the interview with The Kyle & Jackie O Show on Sydney’s KIIS station was rather less zen, after the actress hung up on the two presenters.

When the pair brought up a 2015 interview with Lohan, in which she put down the phone after they quizzed her on Tom Cruise, she did the same thing again.

Yet it was just in jest, with the Mean Girls star calling back the station straight away.
“You guys set it up! We’re great together,” she said. “We should have our own show in Dubai.”

However the segment did get a little stilted when the pair brought up her travels between the UAE, the US and the UK, asking: “Do you own houses in all these places, or do you stay in hotels each time?”

“What kind of question is that?” said the 30-year-old, before revealing, “I don’t own houses in [these locations]”.

Lohan also offered a diplomatic answer when questioned about US President Donald Trump, who has made some disparaging comments about the actress in the past.

“I wish him the best,” the Parent Trap star said. “We live in a world of societies that consistently find faults in people … taking someone else down is never the answer.”

The actress, who relocated to Dubai last year, is “in a period of renewal” according to her management, and plans to spend much of 2017 volunteering at refugee camps and setting up her own production company in the UAE.

“I am so excited for this new chapter in my life!” Lohan told the Daily Mail, revealing she’s “very excited for what the new year holds”.

Her move to the emirate, which coincided with the deleting of her social media accounts, led many to believe she had converted to Islam – a claim her management has denied.

Earlier this month Lohan wiped her Instagram and Twitter accounts clean, leaving just the Arabic greeting “assalam alaikum” – meaning “peace be upon you” – on the former.

Yet when asked about it on KIIS, she said was hardly a new addition.

“If you guys in Australia really cared about me, you’d notice [the greeting]’s been there for two years,” she told the show.

Lohan revealed last year that she’s studying Arabic, as well as speaking out about her study of Islam (even if she’s not converted).

The actress spoke out about the faith after she was photographed in 2015 carrying a copy of the Quran

“My very close friends, who have been there for me a lot, in London are Saudi and they gave me the Quran and I brought it to New York because I was learning,” she revealed on Turkish TV show Haber Turk.

“It opened doors for me to experience spiritually, to find another true meaning. This is who I am.
“If this [Islam] is something that I want to learn, this is my own will.”

– For more about Dubai’s lifestyle, news and fashion scene straight to your newsfeed, follow us on Facebook

January 31, 2017

Attached Image: lindsay-lohan-donald-trump-comments.jpg
Attached Image: vf.jpg

The hosts played the tape back for her, and she said, “I wish him the best. We live in a world of societies that consistently find fault in people. I think it’s a really scary factor. Taking someone else down is never the answer, and I think we all know that.”

Lohan, who has made appearances on behalf of the Syrian refugees and visits families affected by the crisis, has doubled down on her cause amid fallout from Trump’s first weeks as president, which has spurred wide-ranging protests, especially over an executive order that caused chaos at airports, and ongoing turnovers in the U.S. government. She has dedicated herself and her Instagram to her work with Syrian refugees, deleting all evidence of her former fiancé, birthday celebrations, and time spent traversing the Mediterranean by boat. In their stead are a few photos of her with President Erdogan of Turkey and a family living in Istanbul.

Her response to Trump, or lack thereof, sounds like a person who knows what it’s like being eaten alive by tabloids and online. The Australian hosts didn’t press her for thoughts on the president’s recent travel ban on seven countries, including Syria, instead quickly changing the subject to her new film, The Shadow Within.

Vanity Fair has reached out to Trump, Lohan, and Stern for additional comment.

Nice try VF :rolleyes:  

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12141 posts

Lindsay Lohan May Be More Qualified Than Steve Bannon

By Bekka Supp | Celebrities Are Better than You | February 1, 2017 |

That’s Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Lohan captioned that photo with

What a dream it is for Mr. President Erdogan and The First Lady to invite me to their home. Their efforts in helping Syrian Refugees is truly inspiring #peace starts now @a_boynukalin @hilalkaplanogut @rterdogan please for peace @therealdonaldtrump Alaikum Salam #cleanslate2017 #theworldisbiggerthan5

The hashtag “#theworldisbiggerthan5” was coined by President Erdogan’s belief that permanent membership of the UN Security Council should be expanded beyond its current five states—China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States—presumably to include Turkey. Over the last year and a half, Lohan supported for Erdogan’s AKP party, as well as his belief in restructuring the Security Council. She has praised how the Turkish president handled an attempted coup this year that left 300 people killed and more than 2,100 injured. Lohan commented, “Erdogan did really well and his people, really admiring and respecting him, as the first elected president.

This is a big deal.” You’ve got to hand it to Lohan. She has been far more vocal and visible over the last 2 years when it comes to international politics. To her credit, unlike certain American politicians,

Lindsay knows what Aleppo is. In fact, she’s journeyed to Turkish camps and hospitals that house refugees from the ISIS-ravaged city. Lohan’s visits with refugees have been well-documented; she had previously shared pictures on her Instagram of her playing with refugee children.

Attached Image: capture.jpg
Full article
----------------------------------------

Strange indeed.  

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12141 posts
New interview #Kuwait
https://www.instagra.../p/BP-45PHBZb0/  

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12141 posts

By Jamie Primeau
4 hours ago

The latest backlash surrounding the star has to do with Lohan's recent interest in Middle-Eastern culture. Basically, few people are taking her seriously, and instead, many consider her actions fuel for more jokes. But if you're criticizing Lohan for her "new accent" or trips to Turkey, you should probably reconsider. Lohan has been actively supporting Syrian refugees by opening her heart and mind to their plight. And in fact, there's plenty that all of us — especially President Donald Trump — can learn from the actor.

Back in October, Lohan traveled to a Syrian refugee camp in Gaziantep, where she reportedly gave gifts to the children and participated in workshops with the women. According to a press release from her manager, that trip was "part of [Lohan's] ongoing efforts to raise awareness about the plight of Syrian refugees." And she took yet another trip to Turkey recently. In the same press release, her manager said,

The visit to meet the [Turkish] president and first lady was extraordinary and eye opening, we will be forever grateful, thankful. We also spoke about working with them on some humanitarian projects in the future, so stay tuned!"

Just to recap, Trump's current temporary refugee ban prohibits immigrants and refugees from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S.: Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen. Meanwhile, Lohan is out there getting to know the refugees firsthand and doing what she can to help. She's spreading a far different message of acceptance than our leader, who recently tweeted, "Everybody is arguing whether or not it is a BAN. Call it what you want, it is about keeping bad people (with bad intentions) out of country!" It's an unfair assumption that anyone traveling from one of those seven countries could be "bad people."

After Lohan was spotted wearing a hijab and typing Arabic phrases on social media, some were quick to mock the actor and her apparent affiliation with the Muslim community. With Instagram comments ranging from "Wtf is wrong with you?" to "what are you doing here, you are queen of drugs!", people weren't taking her seriously — even accusing her of being back on drugs. Considering addiction isn't a subject to take lightly, that kind of comment is offensive for a whole other set of reasons, but regardless, showing compassion for another culture shouldn't be considered erratic behavior. If anything, Lohan's gestures are heartwarming.

And while some people are making jokes at her expense, others are standing up for Lohan. It's unclear whether she's actually decided to convert to Islam, but in the very least, she's learning about the religion and showing an open mind. (Something plenty of others can learn from.) In doing so, she's received comments of support on Instagram, such as, "MashaAllah, you have changed so much! May GOD bless you with happiness in your life" and "May god bless you insallah sister."

Instead of stooping to the same level as our own president, she's refraining from bringing others down. Earlier this week, an Australian radio station asked Lohan about Trump calling her “probably deeply troubled” on Howard Stern's show back in 2004. (For context, he made an offensive implication about the actor: "She’s probably deeply troubled and therefore great in bed.") In response to that cringe-worthy comment, Lohan kept things positive and said of Trump,

The fact that Lohan is focusing on peace and spreading awareness about other cultures is a positive thing to watch and learn from. Obviously you don’t have to go as far as Lohan and travel abroad or delete all non-charity related social media posts, but you can show compassion in your own way. You can start by reading about how to be a better ally to refugees and immigrants in your daily life. Or you can call your reps and sign a petition against Trump's temporary ban.

And before you joke about Lohan, pause and think. Is she really doing anything mockable? I think you'll find that, if anything, this actor, who's had an admittedly difficult past, is the one leading us all by example.

“I wish him the best. We live in a world of societies that consistently fault in people... taking someone else down is never the answer and I think we all know that.”

This refusal to tear down others is more valuable now than ever before.

The fact that Lohan is focusing on peace and spreading awareness about other cultures is a positive thing to watch and learn from. Obviously you don’t have to go as far as Lohan and travel abroad or delete all non-charity related social media posts, but you can show compassion in your own way. You can start by reading about how to be a better ally to refugees and immigrants in your daily life. Or you can call your reps and sign a petition against Trump's temporary ban.

And before you joke about Lohan, pause and think. Is she really doing anything mockable? I think you'll find that, if anything, this actor, who's had an admittedly difficult past, is the one leading us all by example.
source

fabuLLous fan01

bossy

• 3604 posts
  • Name:dave (50)
Current mood: Cool

comments ranging from "Wtf is wrong with you?" to "what are you doing here, you are queen of drugs!"

Attached Image: thats a lie.gif  

Posted Image

Rudi

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Name:Marcello (23)

View Postblueboy, on February 03 2017, 1:49 AM, said:

Here the full interview. Lindsay is so cute :ll4ever:
https://youtu.be/O1-LgZ5W94o?t=18m23s

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12141 posts
New interview

Rudi

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
She is back in New York!!! <3

fabuLLous fan01

bossy

• 3604 posts
nice. :) :wub:

Posted Image

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12141 posts

View PostRudi, on February 05 2017, 9:45 PM, said:

She is back in New York!!! <3

LL with Ali. Sister reunion !!
Attached Image: twitter.jpg  

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12141 posts

Lindsay Lohan reveals more of her 'Muslim' side on Kuwaiti talk show

Published February 5th, 2017 - 10:59 GMT via SyndiGate.info

Listen up, world: Lindsay Lohan has finally spoken out in more detail about her relationship with Islam in an interview with Kuwaiti talk show host Swar Shuaib.

The interview was a combo of some serious, but more funny, conversations between Swar and the American actress.

Swar wasted no time grilling the American actress about THAT photo of her holding a copy of the Quran

But Lindsay was not bothered, happily explaining that she was going through a lot when that photo was taken, and the Quran was "a solace and a safe thing for me to have."

"My intention wasn't to hold a religious book," she said, "I was just holding a religious book, but people in America didn't like it, they judged me for it and were saying nasty things."

Lindsay, who has recently been spotted wearing the hijab in Turkey, told Swar that she has tried praying the Muslim way and has fasted Ramadan.

"I did Ramadan for three days with my friend from Kuwait, it was hard but it was good. It felt good," she said.

The 30-year-old actress told Swar that she has read 15 pages from the Quran (in English) and that she practices writing some of the verses in Arabic as well.

Lilo even said that she listens to the Quran on her mobile phone, using an app.

"Do u feel something special when u read it?," Swar asked.

"I feel calmness," Lilo said.

There's one thing Lindsay didn't bring out during the interview: her newly-acquired non-American accent, which she said learning Arabic and Turkish were behind it.

She did however impress Swar with her knowledge of Arabic slang, telling him "khalas" and "wallah" when he jokingly taught her to say "I love Swar Shuaib" in Arabic.

The interview was much fun to watch, especially when Swar presented Lindsay with two gifts: the first, a fish bowl filled with water and bath salts (seriously, what?!), and the second, a silver bracelet, which he jokingly said "I didn't pay for it," but she loved it anyway.

Attached Image: Screen_Shot_2017-02-05_at_12.37.32_PM.jpg
However, our fave moment, hands down, from the interview was when Swar got Lindsay to eat a traditional Kuwaiti rice dish with her hands.

She even licked her fingers in satisfaction afterwards.
Attached Image: Screen_Shot_2017-02-05_at_12.39.02_PM.jpg

Our second fave moment was when the comedian host ended the interview with the more creepy than funny comment, "Thank you, Lindsay, see you in heaven, soon inshallah," to which Lilo responded, "Hope not like soon enough."

Swar teased Lindsay further by saying, "Do you like Heaven? It's better than earth."

A concerned Lindsay replied, "I do but not right this second."

Swar wasn't budging and told her, "It's better than earth!," after which Lindsay paused then said, "Let's carry on eating," before the two burst out laughing.

You can watch the full interview (starting from 18:24).
source

-------------------
reddit comment :lol:

- He looks like an Arab James Franco.

- I didn't find this cringey at all. He was funny and she was a good sport.

- Maybe because I'm Arabic but I found that hilarious

- As an American who lives in the Gulf, this whole thing feels eerily familiar. I never thought I'd be able to relate to Lindsay Lohan, but here I am.

I'm pretty sure the host is playing everything up. Arabs really seem to enjoy being hospitable with Western guests and seeing them struggle with certain customs like eating with your hands. It's all in good fun, but they seem to get a kick out of Westerns who seem a little lost with Arab hospitality. Lindsay actually did really well and I'm sure she really impressed the host with her knowledge of Arabic and her ability to start using her hands to eat.
Now I want to eat some makbous...

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12141 posts
Sighting - pagesix
Attached Image: sighting.jpg  

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12141 posts
Firenze4ever
Attached Image: 16464724_753460194817517_5847549676596756480_n.jpg

Rudi

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Interview with Daily Mail

https://www.facebook...63101753749563/
  • Attached Image: 16683925_1867858240096005_9120837656263418579_n.jpg

fabuLLous fan01

bossy

• 3604 posts
Linds, looking good lately, honey. :wub: can you please please please do something this year, career-wise? i'm happy you are finding fulfillment in your philantrophy efforts, but us longtime fans need a bone too, lol. i would love to support your comeback with a movie ticket........:)

Posted Image

kerryg

One of the Best LL Fans

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1523 posts
  • Name:Kerry
she says she's doing a movie, shooting it after summer. no music. she was asked twice and said only ali is doing music.

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12141 posts
Daily Mail Article

Attached Image: 3D10336300000578-4213574-image-a-55_1486767085949.jpgAttached Image: 3D10321300000578-4213574-image-a-53_1486767031250.jpg

The actress stopped by DailyMail.com's NY office on Friday to take park in a Facebook Live Q&A session with Femail Editor Charlie Lankston.
The 30-year-old has gone through a renewal and discussed politics, her love life, her work with refugees, past acting roles and possible future ones too.

And following several questions from the thousands of live viewers, she revealed she had not yet converted, but had not ruled it out.

'I've studied the Quran for quite some time,' she said.

'It's a process to convert to anything. I respect all religions... it's a beautiful religion and i am a very spiritual person... it's something I've been studying,' she added. 'You cant just convert overnight to a religion.

'Anything's possible; this is more of a personal journey,' she continued. 'A lot of different religions and spiritualities appeal to me.....

....'I was scared to come here with everything going on because of my personal beliefs.'

'I think always in the public eye you're going to be scrutinised,' she said.

'He is the president - we have to join him,' she insisted. 'If u cant beat him, join him.'

The Mean Girls star has been spending a lot of time in Turkey, and urged President Trump to visit the country and follow their lead on Syrian refugees.

'I think it would be a positive thing for America to show their care and support, and for him to experience what it's like for these people... experience how giving Turkey has been to the refugees and how many they have welcomed in.

'[Prime Minister Tayyip] Erdogan has a very big heart, and his country stands by him,' she said, without touching on the very recent military coup there. 'I think we all need to unite like that.

She denied her visit to refugee camps was her seeking attention, and insisted her heart was still in movies.

I love acting, it's my forte,' she said, revealing next film 'touches lightly on' the refugee situation, and that she intends talking to Netflix about distributing it.

In terms of future roles, Lilo revealed that her dream part would be to play Ariel in The Little Mermaid.

Universal already have their leading lady in Chloe Grace Moretz, but the planned Disney live reboot is still up for grabs.

Lohan also discussed revisiting perhaps her most beloved role - Cady Heron - for a much anticipated sequel to her 2004 hit Mean Girls.

'Mean Girls 2 would be great, it's something I've always interested in doing... it has such a great cult following it, would be wonderful to do something else,' she said, insisting she was going to talk to producer Lorne Michaels about it.

She also hinted it could be titled Mean Moms: 'All of us should have kids, like a Housewives of...' she suggested. 'And all my kids are from Africa... we've adopted them or something funny.'

She insisted the entire same cast should return, but she would like to add the likes of Chris Lilley, Jimmy Fallon and Drake.

Lindsay also explained THAT bizarre accent she briefly developed in a recent televised interview, which was subsequently dubbed 'Lilohan' after a viral spread across the web.

'I was learning Arabic and Russian, and I studied french for nine years... i was also picking u[p on some Turkish, and then Greek... when I'm around different people and different places I tend to change and talk very quickly... things come out and a flip into [accents] depending on who I'm with,' she explained. 'You acquire different dialects.'

And after about 200 marriage proposals from Facebook Live, she confirmed she was single.

'I'm dating myself,' she said. 'I don't have a Valentine.'

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12141 posts
youtube

blueboy

Cha-La Head-Cha-La

• 12141 posts
No.8
Attached Image: lgbt.jpg
Attached Image: cap2.jpg

1. Elton John
2. Ellen DeGeneres
3. George Takei
4. Martina Navratilova
5. Stephen Fry
6. Glenn Greenwald
7. Rosie
8. Lindsay Lohan
9. Ian McKellen
10. Billie Jean King

About

Lgbti+ global social media powerlist description

Find out who's who in LGBTI+ Global Social Media Powerlist. Discover the social media influencers among us. The list was originally established to focus on senior U.K. LGBT city business leaders and was expanded in 2015 to include senior and influential politicians, campaigners, public sector and other notable LGBTI+ people and other advocates and supporters of LGBTI+ rights Intersex and sports role models were added in 2016. In late 2016 the US and Australia were added.

Each week the LGBTI+ Powerlist recognises the most inspiring social media accounts so you can follow them and learn more about our community.
We use Klout scores and Twitter activity to rank influencers. Klout takes into account social media activity and engagement across many social networks including Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn and Instagram.

If you'd like to follow the board to keep track of what happens each week, sign up with your email address via the Follow button. To join the board sign up with your Twitter account via the Join button.

The Powerlist was established by Mark Gossington in his individual personal capacity in 2015. Rankings are generated automatically and are not the views of PwC, Mark Gossington, individual players nor any other organisation. Inappropriate profiles or Tweets may lead to being excluded from the list.

Rudi

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Next Monday The View with Lindsay
  • Attached Image: 16730120_665777820290699_6341123948591302893_n.jpg
  • Attached Image: 16730337_665779330290548_5195530537941739160_n.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users