Fun Read/Rumors/Leno/L&D/ Nov 2012

38 replies to this topic

blueboy

Jesus Christ has a tattoo of me.

• 10,648 posts
Current mood: Cheerful

Walters on Lohan

November 12, 2012

Barbara Walters finally opened up about Lindsay Lohan on The View this morning , for the first time since the Liz & Dick star bailed on their pre-arranged interview.

"I have a few things to say about Lindsay Lohan," Walters began. "I like Lindsay Lohan very much. I've known her for years. She said whenever she did an interview, she'd do it with me." In fact, Walters revealed they'd even filmed part one of the interview, on the set of Liz & Dick, earlier this year. A clip from that chat was then shown, where Walters asked about the June 15 incident where paramedics were called to Lohan's hotel room.

"It was a lot of hours," Lohan said in the clip about her mental state this June. "I think I was just honestly tired. I needed a nap and the next thing I knew, there were seven paramedics in the room. It was also my first time back [on a set]. I want to keep working, I want to keep going. I'm a survivor."

Walters and Lohan were due to sit down for the second part of their interview last week, which is when the newswoman was informed by Lohan's new representation that the interview was canceled. "Lindsay doesn't feel up to it," was the reason Barbara says Lohan's new reps gave her for calling off the interview.

"The punchline is," Walters continued, "Lindsay Lohan is sitting for an interview with Jay Leno." And that was an unforgivable offense in the panel's eyes.
Whoopi Goldberg posited that Lindsay Lohan's new team decided she was not ready (or, perhaps, capable) of handling the kinds of in-depth questions Walters is celebrated for asking. "I couldn't agree with you more," Walters replied. "If they'd said to me, 'You know Barbara, she's not ready for the kind of questions you might ask.'

If they had told me that, I would not feel quite as disappointed as I do today. I wish I could have had a more honest explanation."

Walters also believes the person who will be hurt the most by this is Lohan herself. "I think to go on Jay Leno and be adorable and amusing, there's still all the problems," Walters said. "It would have been a wonderful interview. She could have set a lot of things straight. I think [my interview] :paperbag1: could have helped her."
Liz & Dick is set to air on Lifetime November 25 and Lohan is expected to sit down with Jay Leno on the November 20 edition of The Tonight Show.

source - ET

The Truth Will Set You Free

--------------------------------

BS quote of the Day

blueboy

• 10,648 posts

Lindsay Lohan Interview Demands From New PR Team Aim To Focus Attention On Acting Work

“Before every interview, a discussion is had as to what cannot be asked,” one seasoned PR professional with A-list clients confirmed. “It will be similar to what happened with Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart while promoting 'Twilight.' A generic question asking how Lindsay is doing will be asked followed by questions focused on the new project and what it feels like to return to acting.”

source -huffpost(Naughty but nice Rob (ML source))

Ummm that was Basic PR sitting interview 101

red seduction

An Awesome LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Name:Frank (23)
Current mood: Happy
she's doing the view though, right?

blueboy

• 10,648 posts
dont think so
...only Leno

Barbara did her(interview) homework kinda feel bad-ish for her now

gm37

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Current mood: Mellow
Yeah, ever since I heard the news, I've been disappointed Lindsay isn't doing the interview

blueboy

• 10,648 posts

Babs set the scene: “I like Lindsay a lot . . . known her for years . . . since she was a child star . . . very vulnerable . . . said whenever she did an interview she would sit down and do it with me . . . at some time and expense I flew to Los Angeles . . . I had done many interviews with Elizabeth Taylor . . . wanted to talk about the comparisons.”

Sense of aggrievement clearly established, Babs got down to business: “We took a little footage — take a look!” Roll footage of Lohan dolled up as Liz, chatting with Babs about tabloid reports of her antics while shooting the biopic:

It’s “my first time back and I want to keep working . . . I’m a survivor,” Lohan said, well-rehearsedly. Babs politely reminded Lohan of the “little trouble” she had waking up one day in a hotel room during shooting, which caused some panicked person to call paramedics.

“Was that just exhaustion?” Babs asked innocently.

“I think I was just honestly tired. I needed a nap for 15 minutes and then there were seven paramedics in the room. So imagine how I felt,” Lohan said. With a straight face.

End of clip.

Babs said on the daytime talker that her Lohan interview should have been the crowning achievement the upcoming edition of “20/20,” and how she’d done soooo much homework for the interview, including sitting through the Lifetime movie.

“And then, her longtime press agent resigned,” Babs said dramatically. Next thing Babs knew, Lohan’s new publicist phoned last Friday to say that Lohan “doesn’t feel up to it.”

On Monday morning, Babs said, she read press reports that Lohan had been booked to do an interview — with Jay Leno.

Leno is, of course, king of the non-tough questions.

“You are a very different kind of interviewer,” “The View” air-traffic controller Whoopi Goldberg said, stroking Babs’s ego.

Demonstrating how Babs has survived in an industry that doesn’t usually tolerate female octogenarians, Babs said sweetly: “ I hope she feels well, and as far as Jay goes — I love Jay” — immediately after which she took dead aim at both:

“To go on Jay Leno and be adorable and amusing — there’s still all the problems with her.”

source - wahingtonpost

blueboy

• 10,648 posts
fun part from hrt

Meanwhile, Walters still ended her story Monday on a positive note.

“I wish Lindsay the best," she said. "We would have done a wonderful interview. I hope she feels well.”

Lohan's interview with Leno is set to air Nov. 20, five days before Liz & Dick's debut.

Incidentally, Walters' take on the Lohan situation trumped coverage of disgraced former CIA director David Petraeus' scandal on Monday's The View.

siurce - hollywoodreporter

Who decided to cancel BW interview? imo Lindsay herself
same situation with Mat L interview at her Venice home

blueboy

• 10,648 posts

Who knew that umpteen years ago, in 2006, at a pre-Oscar party in the home of super agent Bryan Lourd, I was the person who went across a crowded room and corralled a young actress named Lindsay, saying to her, "There is someone here you need to meet"?

Lindsay came with me willingly and I took her to the fireplace where I said, "Lindsay, this is Barbara Walters!"

source - chicagotribune(Liz Smith from pagesix)

Fun read from Dailymail

British women are happiest with their breasts at the age of 26, a new survey has revealed.

The research found women ideally want a D or DD cup

Half of the nation's women would gladly pay to have them for themselves, with 20 percent willing to fork out 3,000 pounds to enhance their cleavage, the Daily Mail reported.

The study, carried out by Ultimo Beauty into women's views on their assets, found women are most happy with their breasts in their mid-twenties, with 38 percent saying that was when they were most satisfied.

A wistful 28 percent of women admitted that they thought theirs were best during their teenage years.

And the research suggests British women rate their boobs most highly when they hit 26 - like Abbey Crouch and actresses Gemma Arterton and Lindsay Lohan.

One in seven (14 percent) claim that they were at their best in their thirties but it would generally seem things start heading south after women hit their late twenties.

Indeed, 35 percent of women said the biggest concern about their chest is sagging boobs.

Cheryl Cole, 29, who says she's a 32D, came second to 31 year old Willoughby when women were asked whose chest they most wanted.

Meanwhile, one in seven British women (14 percent) said they would be more than happy with breasts like princess Kate Middleton.

blueboy

• 10,648 posts

IG by Mikey JR

Attached Image: 78a458222eab11e2a3361231381b406c_7.jpg

Fun sighting
https://twitter.com/...879533296455680  

blueboy

• 10,648 posts

Dina Lohan on Lindsay's Canceled Interview

By RAPHAEL CHESTANG
November 14, 2012

"We love Barbara. I respect her immensely -- so does Lindsay," says Dina, who claims that it was Lindsay's new public relations team that made the call. "It was just a decision that higher-ups made."

In fact, Dina hopes that Barbara would be willing to let Lindsay back on the show in the future, provided that the subject is work-related."She really wants to focus on the film and what it's about, and promote that,"

Edited by blueboy, November 15 2012, 2:12 AM.

blueboy

• 10,648 posts
LL room
Attached Image: 2ujjqdc.png
credit to Chris P  

andrewashere

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
I just wish that her new team of PR can shut Dina up.

SėmonuzzaLilO

A Super-Devoted LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Name:Simona (22)
OMG *died*
© Light me up, make me feel alive ‏♥
My Tumblr
♥ I saw #lindsaylohan on 09/24/2011.
«Speak let it out, BREATHE»

Confessions

An Awesome LL Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name:Alexa (21)
beautiful, comforting room. has to be better than CM right?

blueboy

• 10,648 posts
interesting...

"I don't want to deal with a mini-me," Lohan told Us Weekly magazine.

Lohan tells Us Weekly magazine, “It feels like s**t. I’m so naive. But I had to learn the hard way. R
ecently, I found out one of my close friends was giving a detailed account to a newspaper of what I was doing all the time.
In the past, I would probably still be hanging out with that person.
Now, it’s like, ‘No, I’ve been busting my a** and I’m happy and doing well, so get the hell out of my life.’”

--------------------

Us Weekly Mag

On Her Fight With Michael Lohan
That night will always be my one regret because it hurt my siblings and my mom. It's unfortunate that I can't call my dad when I fight with my mom. That's fine. Whatever. I'll call my brother. He's not going to edit the conversation and put it out in public!

On Her Notoriety
Since I was a kid, I've loved being on camera. Don't misconstrue that: I didn't strive to have flashbulbs at dinner or people who don't know me calling TMZ. And 99 percent of the time, it's not true. I feel bullied. I can't think of any actor who has been subjected to such extreme publicity who hasn't, like, committed suicide.

On Dating Samantha Ronson
I was bold enough to say, "Yeah, I like a girl. And?" That put her in a situation where she was being attacked every day. That's not fair. And what am I left with? Heartbreak. That was three years ago. It was my last serious relationship. I needed to love myself before I could be with anyone. And was going through a lot. Two toxic people cannot be together. End of story. We're friends now. That's how it started, so I think that's what it was meant to be.

On Her Jail Time
As hard as it was for me to admit it when I was in denial, it was a blessing in disguise. I was in solitary confinement and I took the time to really get into the right headspace.

On Rehab
I think [I got back on the right track] when I was at Betty Ford. That's how I changed. Marilyn Monroe went to an institution and said, "I may not belong here like the world thinks I do, but I might as well take what I can get here and use it and help other people." I think that's what everyone should take away from these experiences.

On Her Future
I want to adopt a son. I don't want to deal with a mini-me!

On Finding Love Again
I'm not focused on that yet. I want to do a ton of movies first. After I win an Oscar, I can start thinking about love.

--------------------------------------------

Fun news

Attached Image: MRC title (1).jpg

Attached Image: MRC title (2).jpg

Lindsay Lohan Challenges David Gregory On Public's Right To Know About Petraeus Affair

By Noel Sheppard | November 21, 2012 | 12:22

NBC's David Gregory on Tuesday appeared to make the case that the public really didn't need to know about former CIA Director David Petraeus's affair with biographer Paula Broadwell.

Appearing with him on NBC's Tonight Show was Lindsay Lohan who surprisingly challenged the Meet the Press host on this point (video follows with transcript and commentary):

DAVID GREGORY: I was surprised. I mean, he’s, look, he’s an amazing military leader. That’s not going to change. This was a terrible mistake. You know, it's one of these situations where do we really want to know all of this?

LINDSAY LOHAN: Yes.

GREGORY: And I think a lot of people are, yeah, right, you said…

LOHAN: Yes,

GREGORY: ...do we really want to know these things?

LOHAN: Yes, please.

GREGORY: You do? Okay.

LOHAN: I'd like to know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's interesting how when a sex scandal rocks a Democratic White House, the press get squeamish about reporting it.

Remember that Newsweek initially refused to publish former President Bill Clinton's sexual escapades with Monica Lewinsky.

By contrast, Republican scandals get an astonishing amount of attention.

In 2006, the media turned an unknown Florida Congressman's electronic messages to male pages into the poster child of the so-called "Republican Culture of Corruption."

As such, it makes you wonder if Gregory would be asking if we needed to know about the Petraeus affair if the former CIA director had been serving a Republican president.

About the Author
Noel Sheppard is the Associate Editor of NewsBusters. Click here to follow Noel Sheppard on Twitter.

Yes Yes YeSSS  

Edited by blueboy, November 22 2012, 4:06 AM.

blueboy

• 10,648 posts

Barbara revealed on her other chat show The View on Wednesday morning that she “appreciates” what Lindsay said about her and hopes they can reschedule their chat because she thinks the actress deserves a “fresh start”.

She said: “I would love to interview her. She is a nice girl, so let's move on.”

fabuLLous fan01

bossy

• 3,111 posts
  • Name:dave (47)
Current mood: Cool
i do hope to see Lindsay on a full Barbara Walters special someday, but clearly a while from now, when all is settled down, she is free from legal and probation stuff, and is regularly working.

Posted Image

fabuLLous fan01

bossy

• 3,111 posts
  • Name:dave (47)
Current mood: Cool

“Was that just exhaustion?” Babs asked innocently.

Attached Image: 377_900.gif :rolleyes:  

Posted Image

blueboy

• 10,648 posts

Attached Image: Art.jpg

Attached Image: Richard.jpg

Gossip Girl Ep6(capture)

Do you love the art featured in the apartments, etc. on Gossip Girl? Well then you’re going to love Season 6, Episode 6, “Where The Vile Things Are,” airing tonight November 19 at 9/8 on The CW because the art will take center stage.

In the episode, Lily Bass (Kelly Rutherford) hosts an auction to benefit the Art Production Fund (APF) featuring art from her own personal collection, including one of her favorite pieces — “Spectrum,” by Richard Phillips — which has held a prominent place above the stairs in her apartment for many years. When Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick), Ivy Dickens (Kaylee DeFer) and Lily each decide they want the Phillips for their own reasons, a bidding war ensues.

Other pieces featured will be by Patrick McMullan, Jessica Craig Martin and Marilyn Minter — all of whom have had their work previously featured on the Gossip Girl set — along with pieces by Kehinde Wiley, Miltos Manetas, Josephine Meckseper, Dustin Yellin, Spencer Sweeney, Chris Dorland, Todd DiCiurcio, Pierre Elliot and Fab 5 Freddy, appearing for the first time in the series.

Richard Phillips’s piece “Lindsay III (2012),” featuring Lindsay Lohan, also appears in the episode. To download an image of “Lindsay III (2012),”

KAO

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Name:Kenya
Yea I was watching the latest episode of gossip girl and saw Lindsay painting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users